WTF notice to MNAs & WTF-recognized companies
To: Member National Associations of the WTF
Continental Unions of the WTF
WTF Council Members & Auditors
cc: WTF Technical Committee
WTF Marketing Committee
Re: WTF notice on uniforms and forearm/shin guards for Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Further to the March 8, 2016 WTF notice on Rio Olympic Games Uniform from the WTF Sport Dept. and following the WTF Council agreement on the Rio Olympic Games uniform design proposal giving the option for color for pants, including white, to the participating country at the extraordinary WTF Council meeting held in Muju, Korea on May 6, 2016, please be advised on the uniform and forearm and shin guards for the Rio Olympic Games taekwondo competition as below:
1) While the uniform jacket remains same as white, participating country can select the color of the pants, including white.
2) Participating country may (not `must') put its national flag on the outer side of the left leg of the pants in the maximum size as below
(Athlete's Bib no. is to be put on the outer side of the right leg of the pants): Please refer to the picture below.
- maximum size: length - 20cm from the pants end to the top of the pants
width - 20cm wide
3) Uniforms with mesh in the armpit and the groin for ventilation can be worn by athletes.
2. Forearm guards and shin guards
Forearm guards and shin guards without fastening straps can be worn by athletes.
Thank you for your kind attention.
Jung-ae Park (ms.) Jihye Lee (ms.)
Senior Director Staff
Marketing Dept. Marketing Dept.
The World Taekwondo Federation The World Taekwondo Federation